What things about my personality and perspective changed abroad?
- Became accustomed to being different by default
- I felt the freedom and confidence to be whomever I wanted to be
- Thrived on the stimulation of new and exciting things (everyday)
- My overall openness to new cultures and different types of people – very intrigued by unique perspectives
- Desire to try everything and not miss out. Always wanting to discover something NEW – whether it’s a local event, café, different type of tea, hike, walking path, restaurant. (a.k.a Passionately curious)
- Illusive itch to travel and ‘get away’
- Desire to set bigger goals for myself: go out of the country at least once a year, challenge myself physically in an event at least 3 times year
- The understanding that I, alone, have complete control over my happiness
- That aloneness yields confidence but togetherness yields happiness
- I can literally achieve anything I set my heart and mind to
- Crushing my fears creates a sense of reward and genuine, self-made confidence
What are some things about yourself that you noticed were different?